Saturday, November 27, 2010

My Brain!!!!!........Story

After wrestling a long fought match, in the last few moments of it, I was knocked unconscious. They mat side athletic trainer had a hard to getting me to breathe.(medulla) After they finally got me breathing and talking they asked me a series of questions. Questions such as "Do you know where you are?" and "Whats your name?" I could not answer these questions as my memory was not very good at all. (hippocampus) I really could not make our their faces though. (parietal lobe) It was very hard to talk, they kept talking to each other and I heard them say something to each other about me slurring my words. (frontal lobe) I couldn't see well at all either, my vision was very blurry. (occipital lobe) The first thing I said was that i was very thirsty and asked for some water. (hypothalamus) After they gave me a drink of water I asked if I could go to bed because I did not feel well, but they would not let me because I had just suffered a concussion. (pons) I kept asking to go to sleep though because I was tired and that's what my body was telling me to do. (reticular formation) They finally got me off the mat and I tried to walk under my own power. It was very hard and I was swaying from left to right as my mind was foggy. (cerebellum) After I walked around for a little bit and got my balance back all I wanted was to get back out there and finish the match as I was quite mad at my opponent that gave me this concussion. (amygdala) They told me I couldn't finish the match and I started to tell them that my spine was in pain. (central nervous system) They told me to try to walk it off for a few minutes. (somatic nervous system) Finally after everything cooled down a bit they wanted to check my vitals, like my blood pressure, heart rate, etc. (autonomic nervous system) After the match was over and I passed all my tests they finally let me go to bed. I passed out and the next morning when I woke up I had pain throughout my whole body. (left hemisphere) (right hemisphere) I went through this pain for a couple of days but eventually I was back to normal and ready to set foot back out on the mat.

No comments:

Post a Comment