Friday, December 3, 2010

The Mind

This week we dealt mostly with the mind and how it stores information and ticks. One thing that I would like to point out that was very interesting to me is that we did various tests using the mind. Different things testing our memory, vision, and other things. What was really interesting is how the mind actually works, how we can remember things that had happened to us such a long time ago. After we talked about memory it made me go home and actually try to remember the earliest thought I could remember. The earliest one that I could remember so vividly was about me getting splinters all up and down my chest in preschool. It was a painful and tragic memory that I will never forget. I find it actually really creepy how long are minds can store information and how sometimes we can remember them like it just happened the day before.


I really find all of this stuff about the brain interesting. It really intrigues me to find out that different parts of our brains do different things. Also that we have many different parts in our brains. The brain is a very complex thing that even through this many years of life, we do not totally have pinned down. That could be a great career choice getting into a field dealing with the brain and the mind. You never know what you would learn.

3 comments:

  1. I found the memory stuff incredibly interesting too! It's super cool that anything we remember for over a minute is permanently in our long term memory, don't you think? It's not really too surprising that we remember things that are connected with strong emotion, like your splinters, though since those are things that tend to mean more to us. Wonderful post Alex. See you and your spectacular folder and notebook Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a nice post alex. I to really like how the mind works. But the mind works in a strange way sometimes you know? Especially when alot of memories are sometimes associated with pain or either pleasure. You made a good point on how creepy it is how are minds remember things for a really long time, and it is really interesting how we remember things. CYA ON MONDAY, have a good sunday GO PACK GO

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree that it is kind of creepy how long our minds can remember things. When you think about it is is amazing how are minds work since we can remember things when we were so little. I also think that the things we learned about the mind is really interesting because our mind controls our whole body and it even remembers events that happened in the past. But at time you don't want to remember some of the things that you do and sometimes you can never forget about those things so if you had control over your memory and your brain it would be better.

    ReplyDelete