Friday, December 10, 2010

Wait, What was I Doing?

This week was a pretty interesting week in psychology. We had to do research on different brain disorders. What I found interesting was how many brain disorders there are. I mean I know the mostly known ones such as autism, parkinson's, and alzheimers but not half of the ones we learned about. This week taught me a lot about disorders. It was sad, but also at the same time interesting. Just everything we've been doing in the past weeks has been quite interesting. You kind of feel bad to a point where you wish you could do something to help people who have these problems. I know as I was researching parkinson's disease I wished that there was something I could do to help.



I can relate to the projects that were shown this week. My little brother Jackson is autistic and has a hard time getting used to people he does not know. It makes me quite sad, because I don't see my brother that much and I love him to death. After watching the presentation and hearing Eric talking about autism it made me think of what it must be like for my brother to have to live with autism. All you can really do for most of these disorders is just stay positive and be there to support people with these disorders. 

2 comments:

  1. Yea man this week was interesting learning about these disorder... come on dawg don't forget to mention synesthesia. It's fine but yea I learned a lot about disorders such as autism I didn't really know anything about it same goes for some of the others one. Hope your brother is doing good man best of luck for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you alex I there are too many brain disorders. What i think is really sad about these brain disorders is that most have no cure at all. So i feel bad for any of person who unforunatly is dianosed with a brain order such as autism. So i do believe that everybody in their life time should help a person suffering from a brain disorder. Good Post Peace....

    ReplyDelete