Friday, December 17, 2010

Weekly Blog

This week in Psychology we studied more to deal with the brain and development of people in different stages. What was really interesting to me is how our brains develop through the years. We also talked about Kohlberg's Stages of Moral Development. I found this really interesting because the chart has three levels, five stages and it showed what moral development you were at. It was also very interesting to see the different view points of which Moral Development you were at.

(Pictured above is Mr. Kohlberg)

I can really relate to this. Ever since we learned about Kohlberg's Stages of Moral Development it's made me try to figure out which stage I am at. It's really interesting going through different scenarios and picking out what you would do in the situation to find out how far you are morally developed. Actually when my mother was younger and I was younger she had to make a test to see how far morally developed I was. It was probably 5 or 6 years ago so I wasn't exactly totally morally developed. I was at about Stage 1 with all of the questions which was the stage where you thought about if you would be punished for doing an action. I guarantee if I took that test now my moral development would be different. Probably Stage 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment